How to Donate Personal Care and Beauty Products
Over time I have found that I’ve collected tons of personal care and beauty product samples. These are from subscription boxes, purchases and just being in the skincare industry. Although some gets used, many are left untouched. Not because they are bad products, but they don’t personally work for me or I don’t have a use for them. Do you resonate with this? A great way to put these to better use is donating them to those in need.
Shelters, transitional homes and organizations are often in need of personal care products for less fortunate individuals. These include personal hygiene, menstrual care, skincare and beauty products. Not only are these needed, but travel and sample sizes are ideal. Although full size products are great, smaller sizes are even easier to carry when space is limited.
Why Donating These Items Can Really Help
For some, sample products are considered useless. But to others, it could change the course of their day. Start collecting these, and even full size products, so you can give back to people in need. Below are just some ways that these can help those in need:
- Sample and travel sizes are easy to carry when space is limited or a permanent home is not an option
- Personal hygiene and skincare products can allow someone to stay clean and feel refreshed
- Beauty products can help someone prepare for a job interview
- Allows for a subtle moment of self care
As you can see, donating something you consider small may be significant for someone else’s life. Once you collect some products and samples, check out the resources below to see where you can donate.
Where to Donate
Start In Your Own Community
The best place you can donate is within your own community or surrounding area. If you live in or near a major city there are likely many shelters, transitional homes and organizations that are out there to help less fortunate individuals in your area. Once you’ve found some options check out their website and even make a call to confirm they are accepting donations. Along with this you will be able to see how they prefer to take donations and what they need the most. You might realize you even have other types of items to donate. Here are some resources you can use to find local places, all categorized by state and city.
Send Products by Mail to an Organization
Another great option is sending your items by mail to organizations. Some of these have drop off spots, or mail in options for those outside of the area. Below are some places that specifically take beauty products.
Ways to Donate Your Time and Talent
Are you a certified or licensed professional? Do you have a talent that you can share or teach to others? Another great way to give back is to donate your time. Here are just a few ideas:
- Health Coaches, Nutritionists and Health Practitioners can host group sessions dedicated to those with vulnerable lives and living situations.
- Cosmetologists, Estheticians and Makeup Artists can donate haircuts, facials, and makeup applications to help individuals get ready for interviews or just feel their best.
- Mental Health Professionals can offer group or one-on-one sessions for those who are uninsured or can’t afford it.
- Creatives and Artists can host classes teaching their unique craft, allowing others to experience a creative outlet.
Do you have unused products or samples to donate? Do you have a profession or skill you can use to help others in need? Share your thoughts and follow @RayMadeWay on Pinterest & Instagram if you want see more on Holistic Health, Skincare and Wellness!
Disclosure: All photos used within this post are property of Ray Made Way. Click here to read affiliate disclaimer.